|My husband, before he was my husband, circa 2005|
1. That shirt he’s wearing? It’s pink. (It is, in fact, just one of several predominantly pink shirts he owns, including his beloved Lucky Shirt and the legendary Shirt That Doesn't Even Match Itself.)
2. He is not now, nor has he ever been, in any way involved with gangs or organized crime.
3. He loves baby animals. Fuzzy puppy dogs and tiny widdle baby chicks and so on.
4. He’s been known to cry.
5. He enjoys a nice cold…glass of milk.
6. If you give him a present--anything, a pair of socks, an ugly-ass stuffed animal, an I-heart-San-Francisco mug--he will treasure it forever because you gave it to him.
7. He’s a Michael Jackson fan.
8. He gets genuinely excited about any and all flowers, fruits, vegetables, and herbs that I manage to grow.
9. He can work the night shift, from 9 pm to 7 am, and then come home and play with the baby for hours, or take us out for breakfast.
10. He was once described by a young friend of ours as “just like The Rock , but softer." And that was just about right.